Thursday 12 September 2013

India



Back in Milan, the summer had almost started and my agency called me, telling me I’d been selected to go in India. After a while, just a while of hesitancy, my luggage and passport were ready and I was on the plane to an unknown destination. 


- Taj Mahal, Agra a painting on the sky


- New Delhi 


-on the road to Agra 

India


Agra
New Delhi
Mumbai
Bangalore

Hours of travelling, exhaustion, confusion… Who are these people? Where are they going?
Thousands of questions, my eyes wide open but unable to understand.

After landing, I took my bags and tried to understand. I got out of the airport of Delhi but the impact was too strong, the scorching heat, the strong and annoying smell; it was all too much for me. 


-New Delhi 


-New Delhi 


-New Delhi 

Nothing was as I thought. I’d never seen anything like this place. Every day something strange happened, things you don’t even see in a movie. The contrast between wealth and poverty was hallucinating. I cried for a while. I stopped just because I realized that I couldn’t change anything, it was to big for me. I couldn’t understand how that was possible, how the people could accept living in such conditions. It seemed inhuman to my eyes and soul.

As I said, everyday brought something unusual, absurd, from a cow walking in the street, kids in the street selling the cobs, to an entire family sleeping under the bridge. 

India felt strong in tradition; beautiful ladies wore wonderful saris, some of them with hair that had never been cut. 



- a temple in New Delhi 


- Agra 


-New Delhi 

You can feel in the air and see in the clothes and decorations of the body that religion is a standard practice. India felt like another world, it was like time was firm and didn’t want to go ahead.
Still, wonderful temples, spicy food, and a poor population with a big heart made me love this place. 
I have a beautiful memory of this big and strong country, a chapter that I have to catch again; there are too many thing to see so many things that I need to learn.

All in all, I kept one big thing from this experience: never before had I felt so grateful for what I had and have now in my life.



- Taj Mahal 

1 comment: